Stitching and sewing

Where I write far more than you ever wanted to know about my knitting, embroidery, crochet and assorted other crafty ventures.

Monday, September 11, 2006

Clapotis and some other new FOs!

My previous knitting posts can be found here.

I finally finished Clapotis! It was in serious danger of becoming the neverending project, but after 3 weeks it's finally finished. I don't think I'm going to block it, because I like how it curls up as a scarf.


























I want to make another one now... it's a sickness I tell you! Yarn is Knitpicks memories in the "Redwood forest" colorway. I used size 6 needles, and added 1 repeat to the increase sectionand 3 to the straight section.

I also completed an Odessa hat, sans beads, out of Merino Style in Dusk.



I'm not as insane as I look in this picture, I promise! I need a new camera... I'm not totally sure about me in this sort of hat, but I bet I'll appreciate it this winter!

I also finished an Airy scarf, from Last Minute Knitted gifts


I don't really love this scarf - maybe in a bright color it would be nicer. I just hated working with the Kidsilk Haze, and I think I'm pretty unlikely to use it again.

My last FO of this set, Voodoo wristwarmers, in WotA Amethyst Heather


I tell myself that I can become a wristwarmer person. I like these, but I didn't love the Heathered wool - it was strangely splitty and sheds a lot. Not too itchy though, so that's good.

My current WIPs are a Multidirectional scarf, in Noro Silk Garden 82

and a Rusted Root sweater in Green Apple Shine sport. I don't have any pics of that yet, but so far I love it!

Whew... so clearly I've been doing tons of knitting on my vacation. And now I see that Knitpicks is having a sale... and there's a new Knitty... I'm cursed to buy more I think.

3 Comments:

  • At 5:14 PM, Blogger SuzannaBanana said…

    Great finished objects! I love the Odessa hat.

     
  • At 7:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I picked up your comment about the Clappy with "Memories" yarn on craftster. Came here to see the pic. I love it. I think I may have finally found a yarn that A - I like and B - I can afford. Maybe I'll finally make one.

     
  • At 9:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    No need to block your Clappy, it's gorgeous as is. And I love your Odessa! It's one of my favorite patterns. I think I'll keep knitting them till all of my friends have one!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home